Thursday 10 February 2011

How things were.


At the moment my hands are feeling pretty good, although not without issue. There's another post coming on that soon I suspect. I think it is quite useful to look back at what state my hands had reached. This is the worst that my right hand got, my left hand having been worse before. This was actually the day that I had the steroids injected into the tendon sheath, hence the round plaster. The finger is discoloured and very swollen. In fact, the circumference (based on the state my left hand got into) is probably about 1cm greater than it should be. We're talking a jump from 5.5cm to about 6.5cm, pretty significant. I was actually told to take this photo by my private rheumatologist to show to the NHS just to make sure that they believe me when I tell them how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment