Saturday 5 February 2011

Day 1 of steroids

I don't think I've felt this awake or alert for at least 6 months. These steroids are a wonderful thing. My right buttock still feels massively bruised from where I was injected but the pain throughout my body seems to be diminishing. The newly developing pain in my toes seems to have totally receded.

I do have to keep reminding myself that this is probably only temporary. The Dr said he expected it to last approximately 6 weeks but that I should feel pretty much cured for that period. I know I'll get tempted to think everything's better and try to start working as a guitarist again but it won't do my reputation again if after the 6 weeks is up I suddenly have to start pulling out of work again. The 6 months I've planned to take off isn't to get better, it's to see how I can stabilise what's happening. The more I think about the whole ordeal the less I'm convinced that I will go back to full time playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment