Thursday 10 February 2011

How things are.

Just to give you some perspective of how bad my fingers got I've taken a picture of how they look today. I have a nice healthy dose of steroids in my system keeping the inflammation at bay right now. This is probably as good a condition as my fingers will ever be again.

I have noticed in the past day or so that the steroids haven't been quite as effective as I hoped they would be. They've certainly cleared a lot of inflammation and I an currently clear of enthesitis (inflammation of the where the tendon meets the bone). This had been really attacking my hips and shoulders and severely reducing my mobility. Now I can sprint for a bus or cough and not have to worry about pain. Unfortunately, just about the only site where pain has remained in any fashion is in my hands.

There is a sore point still in my right hand palm, not really an issue day to day but it's still there. On my left hand the two most recent points of pain have certainly reduced a lot but there is still signs of the arthritis. The swelling might not be there but they feel funny - tender is probably the wrong word but just weird. I think everything is just confirmation that I'm doing the right thing changing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment