Friday 24 June 2011

See you in 6 weeks... er... make that 5 months

When you leave a hospital appointment with them requesting to see you again in 6 weeks you somehow imagine that is what will happen. Apparently not if somebody goes on holiday/resigns/gets fired. They are seemingly incapable of redistributing the workload amongst the remaining staff or hiring a replacement.

My original appointment was for July 18th. The rescheduled appointment is for October 24th and apparently there isn't anything free at all between those dates. My only alternative is to ring up once a week to see if there are any cancellations; they don't have a standby system at all.

I'm not that fussed that I can't have an appointment in 6 weeks. That's not a long period of time and as long as my medication is vaguely stable I've got no concerns about stretching that a bit. 20 weeks, however, was more than enough time for me to develop the condition, have to give up my career and start a new career. My hope is that this medical trial is going to start soon as that's the only way of getting timely treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment