Sunday 4 December 2011

Stable... Not great

I've been quiet recently. I guess this means that things are stable. I'm not sure stable is necessarily a good thing though. I definitely have a lot of room for improvement.

I've now been taking methotrexate for a couple of months. This is a real mixed blessing. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting some positive effects but for the first few weeks the pills made me feel terrible; they would wipe me out much harder than the arthritis ever have. I think I'm now coping with the side effects but the dose isn't strong enough to cope with all my psoriasis symptoms. I should be having regular reviews but it seems like they've made a mess of this a bit.
I guess I could be chasing the hospital harder. To be honest the last couple of appointments I've had to wait over an hour after the scheduled time. What should be a quick late lunchtime appointment turns into a whole afternoon off work. This isn't making me that keen to go back, especially when you're seeing a doctor that has barely skimmed your notes and provides no useful insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment