Thursday 5 May 2011

Wave Goodbye To The Gear

Last night, for the first time in months, I had all my music gear laid out in one room. I pretty much haven't touched any of it since I was diagnosed with arthritis. It was quite emotional seeing the culmination of 5 years work all laid out, including a brand new never gigged amp.

My room full of gear


I don't want to get rid of all my gear; there are far too many happy memories associated with it. Realistically though there's no point keeping everything. Some of it I was planning on selling anyway. There's now going to be a slow process of putting things on ebay and waving goodbye to them and finally deciding which instruments mean something to me.

I tried picking up one of my guitars last night as well - just to see what would happen. There's still pain there. As I'm still waiting to hear about the next treatment plan my body is slowly seizing up. If I forget to take just one pill I'm reduced to a kind of limp/hobble that looks like I'm about to soil myself. Driving is also starting to become a bit of an issue if I miss my pills. I could, of course, just remember to take them but somehow my day just never pans out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment